viernes, 30 de abril de 2010

Misc: On education

A few days ago I read a quotation from Bertran Russell which I couldn´t agree more and I wanted to share...

"The fundamental cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell


I didn´t know much about this philosopher but I am gonna start to find out more. I also found the following sentence from him which I found very interesting:

"Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education." Bertrand Russell


Regarding the education thing, a while ago I found this speech from Sir. Ken Robinson at ted.com which opened my eyes and made me be quite interested in that topic. If I ever find some free time I will try to post a little bit more in depth about this as I find it fascinating.
Schools kill creativity. Enjoy the speech!



http://www.ted.com/talks/ken_robinson_says_schools_kill_creativity.html

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Followers

Free Counter and Web Stats